Take each piece of fruit and wrap a bacon rasher around it. Then using metal skewers thread each of the pieces of fruit plus 2 cubes of meat onto each skewer. Brush with oil.
Meanwhile heat the BBQ and make sure the coals are hot and ‘grey’ before you start cooking. Alternatively if it starts to rain pre-heat the grill.
Cook for about 15 minutes until browned and meat cooked through. If the outside of the meat starts to catch, cover with foil and adjust the grid height to move away from the heat to slow down the cooking.
To make the chilli BBQ sauce
Heat oil in a small pan and add the onion, apple and chilli, cooking until softened. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes to reduce slightly.
Serve kebabs with the BBQ dipping sauce and lots of fruity slaw.
Credits to the Source
For the kebabs
- 1 peach or nectarine, stone removed and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into 6 chunks
- 12 rashers unsmoked streaky bacon
- 225g (8oz) lean pork leg of loin steaks, cut into small cubes
For the chilli BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sauce
- 300ml (10floz) pineapple juice