The crunch of these baked pork chops is utterly satisfying. This recipe for breaded pork chops gives the meat a nice crunch. Serve with homemade mustard sauce and green beans.
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Stir together first 6 ingredients, 2 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. pepper in a bowl. Transfer mixture to a 1-gal. zip-top plastic freezer bag.
2. Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Place 2 chops in breadcrumb mixture, and shake to coat well. Place chops on a wire rack on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chops.
3. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes; turn chops over, and bake 10 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 155°. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, and sauté 3 minutes or until softened. Increase heat to medium-high; add broth, and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Stir in mustard, cream, and lemon juice, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in chopped parsley. Serve immediately with pork chops.
Credits to the Source
- 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/8 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley