Have a quickly prepared pork chops using three kitchen staples – garlic, sage and rosemary. This recipe will surely give you a delicious and simple meal you will always love.
Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. When oil starts to shimmer, stir in sage, rosemary and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In the meantime, pat chops dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Increase heat to medium-high and add chops to skillet, directly on top of herb/garlic mixture. Cover skillet and cook chops undisturbed for 5 minutes. Turn chops, cover pan, reduce heat to medium and cook until just cooked through, about 5 minutes for 3/4-inch thick chops. Adjust time according to thickness of chops. Transfer to plates and serve.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil; (up to 4), (depends on number of chops & size of pan)
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage; chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary; chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic; thinly sliced
- 2 free range pork chops; (up to 4), bone-in, about 3/4-inch thick, about 8 ounces each
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper; to taste
- 2 tablespoons vermouth; (optional)