Let’s do this!
To Grill: Place chops on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness, turning once and sprinkling with herbs after turning. Serve with mushrooms.
1. In a medium bowl, combine oil, salt and pepper; add mushrooms and toss well.
2. Transfer mushrooms to a grilling basket or rack in a broiler pan and grill or broil until lightly browned and softened, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter and add garlic; cook and stir until garlic is softened and pale gold, about 1 minute. Add sherry and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms and parsley; toss well.
4. Serve over grilled veal chops.
- 4 veal rib or loin chops, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- Mushrooms with Sherry (see recipe below)
Grilled Mushrooms with Sherry Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1 – 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/8 cup dry sherry
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley