1. Place carrot and potatoes in base of slow cooker.
2. Dust beef in flour, shaking off excess flour.
3. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook beef until brown (seal each side). Transfer to slow cooker.
4. Heat remaining oil and cook onion for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add to slow cooker with remaining ingredients.
5. Cover and cook in a slow cooker on HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 6-8 hours.
6. Transfer meat to a plate, cover with foil and stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
7. Using a large spoon, skim any fat from the top.
8. Serve beef with vegetables and sauce.
(You might not know but Barbecue Beef Brisket is in fact the national dish of Texas! And if you like BBQ Beef this is a must to try! Simply google it and your away, a great slice of meat many people have never tried.)
More recipes here.
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 1.5kg rolled beef brisket (Can substitute with another roast)
- ¼ cup seasoned flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 thyme sprigs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper