This snack can be made using Country Meats Direct’s fresh and organic veggies. You will never go wrong at making delicious snacks again.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7.
- Prick the aubergines all over with a fork, then place on a roasting tray. Roast for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until the skin blackens and chars and the flesh can be easily pierced with a spoon. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the cooled aubergines in half, scoop the flesh into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic, trim and finely slice the chillies, and peel and finely grate the ginger (you should end up with roughly 2 teaspoons). Roughly chop 3 of the tomatoes and slice the remaining, then pick and finely chop the coriander leaves.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli, then stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and curry powder and cook for a further 12 to 15 minutes, or until softened.
- Next, add the reserved aubergine and cook, for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring regularly. Stir in the coriander, then remove from the heat.
- Garnish with the extra tomato slices, and serve with the oven-baked corn tortillas.
Source: Jamie Oliver
- 2 large aubergines
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 green chillies
- 4cm piece of ginger
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- oven-baked corn tortillas