Step 1 – Remove the membrane or flap from the bony side of the lamb ribs with a sharp
Step 2 – Mix the olive oil, sumac, cumin, red pepper, salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic to form a paste and paste the lamb ribs on both sides. Allow to marinate for at least 1.
Step 3 – Preheat oven to 140C/ 284F. Cover the ribs with foil and roast for 2 hours. The ribs will shrink considerably. Allow to cool (if you have time, cool them completely).
Step 4 – Place a rack on a lined baking tray and place the ribs onto the rack so that any excess fat can drain. Mix the brown sugar, fish sauce and tamarind paste together to form a glaze. Brush the glaze onto the meaty top of the ribs and bake for 10-15 minutes until sticky. Serve with lemon with some roast potatoes.
Give credit for where credit is due for this amazing recipe
If you have any good Lamb recipes yourself please email them to us so that we can try them and put them in the next welcome letter!
P.S. if you’re stuck give one of us a call or Google the cut you wish to cook
- 800g lamb ribs, you can add the shanks to make up 800g if the ribs don’t come to 800g
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sumac (can be found in IGA)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Turkish red pepper or substitute with Chilli flakes if difficult to find.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- A good grind of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste(can be found in IGA) or substitute with pomegranate molasses
- 1 lemon to serve