- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large saucepan. Add the bacon and fry over a medium-to-high heat for 4-5 mins or until golden, then set aside.
- Put the remaining oil, the onion, carrot, celery and a pinch of salt in the pan. Cook gently over a low heat for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally, until the veg is soft but not coloured. Add the garlic and herbs, and cook for 2 mins more
- Tip in the celeriac, potato, borlotti beans and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 mins. Add the cooked turkey, orzo and the bacon, and cook for 10 mins.
- Just before serving, tip in the kale, give everything a good stir and return to the heat for about 2 mins or until the kale has wilted.
Credits to the Source
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 100g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 300g celeriac(or any other root veg), cut into cubes
- 200g potato, cut into cubes
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ l chicken stock or turkey stock, (fresh is best)
- 350g cooked turkey
- 100g orzo
- 75g curly kale, shredded