Let’s do it!
1. Tenderize steak with a kitchen hammer to desired size/ thickness. Sometimes you can get 2 schnitzels out of one steak but be careful not to make them to thin, about .5-1cm in thickness is good.
2. Season beef lightly with salt and flower.
3. Drop seasoned steaks into egg mix containing; salt, pepper, crushed garlic, grated cheese, basil or parsley. (Make sure this mixture is mixed well.)
4. Press into breadcrumbs. You can use any breadcrumbs, make your own or even try panko!
5. Fry in Canola Oil not Olive Oil and cook until golden.
Recipe by: Lily Casula
- Any steak can be used for Schnitzel!
- 3 eggs beaten (or more depending on quantity of meat)
- Salt and pepper
- A teaspoon of crushed garlic
- Grated cheese
- Basil, or parsley
- Canola Oil