Let’s do it!
Mix all the ingredients bar the egg, milk and tomato sauce together with clean hands in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon. Make a roll out of the ingredients to your desired thickness and length. Then roll out the puff pastry nice and thin and put your ingredients on top and roll up making sure to seal the pastry together using a fork or your fingers. After this baste them with the egg and milk mixed together and put them onto a baking tray with baking paper with the fold side down and cook for 20min at 220 degrees Celsius.
Feel free to add or subtract things from this recipe. For example you will have a more crisp sausage roll if you don’t use cheese but I like it… Another option is finely chopped apples like in Jamie Oliver’s recipe!
Recipe: Murray Gladesville
- 500g beef mince (You can use sausages and
- remove the skins if you don’t have mince.)
- 500g all butter puff pastry
- 50g shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Tomato sauce, to serve