Pasta with Speck and peas can make a quick and easy way to spice up your dinner tonight.
1. Add the grape seed oil, speck, and the 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to a 10-inch skillet. Turn on the heat to high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the speck becomes crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and reduce the cream by half, about 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions. Add the 1/2 cup pasta water to the sauce.
3. Two minutes before the pasta cooking time is complete, use a wire-mesh skimmer or tongs to remove the spaghetti from the pot and place them directly into the sauce. Stir to thoroughly coat the spaghetti with the sauce. Cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Serve immediately with the grated Parmesan cheese and, if desired, freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1/2 pound speck, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for optional garnish
- 2 cups shelled fresh or frozen little peas
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound good-quality spaghetti
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish